Suchoj Su-22 1984.
269 Section 1984-05-05
OKB Suchoj Su-22 M 4 K, Su-22 UM 3 K
Supersonic fighter-bomber plane with variable wing geometry.
Construction Su-22 M 4
One-seater, single-engine fighter-bomber plane. Built in a classic layout with a variable geometry wing. The fuselage is made of aluminum and titanium alloys.
The wings consist of a fixed part and external moving parts, 4 m long, taking two positions. The minimum skew angle is 30 degrees. The maximum 63 degrees. It is also the angle of skew of the fixed part of the wings. One and the other part are hinged together. At the front with a large bearing pin, which is the axis of rotation. On the back of the support is a four-wheeled trolley moving on guides mounted inside the stationary part. The movement is carried out by a hydraulic system. Fixed parts were equipped with two sections of slotted flaps on the canoe. The outer parts received ailerons and slit flaps on the path. On the leading edge there are three-sectional gills (slots). The wing received two pairs of high aerodynamic blades and three pairs of smaller aerodynamic blades that strengthen the construction of fixed wing parts. Covering of the wings was made by chemical etching. Steering surfaces were made of 3-ply glued boards with a honeycomb filler.
A fuselage with a half-shell structure and a section similar to a circular one. The maximum diameter is 1.75 m and the length of the hull is 15.572 m. The frame fuselage to No. 13 is tilted down by 3 feet. It is technologically divided into two parts. The division takes place at the number 34 frame. The removable rear part of the fuselage allows access to the engine. Front air grip with central intake cone that can take two positions. The cabin is hermetic and air-conditioned. It provides excellent working conditions and good visibility. The cabin was placed between frame number 4 and 9. Throw-out seat K-36 class 0-0. It allows you to safely leave the aircraft in the speed range from 0 km / h to 1 300 km / h, at any altitude. The cover opens upwards to the rear. A periscope was placed on the windshield to observe the rear half-zone. Four aerodynamic brakes are located in the rear of the fuselage.
The tail. Horizontal plate with 55 degrees angle on 25% chord. Mounted with a negative 3-degree lift. At the ends, anti-flutter masses were mounted. The shift is from +25 degrees 30 minutes to -10 degrees. The vertical elevation is divided into a rudder and a ballast. The skew is 55 degrees.
The aircraft has a three-points chassis with oil-pneumatic shock absorbers and hydraulic brakes. The front wheel, 660 x 200 mm, is pulled forward into the chamber under the cab floor. Main chassis with single wheels, size 880 x 230 mm. The base of the chassis is 5.24 m, the main chassis spacing is 3.85 m.
Construction Su-22 UM 3 K
Differences between one-seater and two-seater aircraft.
The plane has a double cabin. Aviators' seats were placed in tandem. A centralized catapulting system with K-36 DS 2 armchairs was introduced. The instructor's cabin was equipped with a periscope system similar to that used in Su-7 U aircraft. The place for the second seat was obtained at the expense of reducing the fuel tank No. 1. In general, the fuel supply decreased to 3 050 kg, and thus range.
Aircraft equipment modified by introducing the SAU-22 MU control system. An SPU-9 on-board telephone and MS-61 tape recorder have been added. The left cannon was dismantled, but the weight of the aircraft increased to 10,900 kg anyway. The lifting capacity of the weaponry decreased to 3,000 kg and therefore the second pair of sub-fuselage nodes have been abandoned.
Su-22 airplanes, depending on the customer, are equipped with an AL.-21 or R-29 engine. All Polish Su-22 planes were equipped with AL-21 engines, the same ones that were powered by Su-20 planes. These engines are being renovated in Poland in Warsaw.
AL.-21 is the engine of A. Lulka AL.-21 F-3 of 1 x 76.50 kN, and with the afterburning 1 x 110.00 kN. This engine is special adapted for flights at low altitudes. It is a single-flow turbine composed of; 14-stage axial compressor, annular combustion chamber, 2-stage turbine and afterburner. The engine is cooled by air drawn by 4 grips placed on the fuselage at the rear.
Kerosene fuel T-1, TS-1, RT. IPM-10 or synthetic WNII-50 oil. Unit fuel consumption 0.9 - 1.2 kg / daN / h, with afterburning 1.5 - 2.0 kg / daN / h. The engine's resure is 900 - 1500 hours depending on the production series. The period between repairs is 350 - 450 hours.
The fuel system consists of 4 tanks placed in the fuselage and two integral ones placed in the movable parts of the wings. In addition, the aircraft can carry 4 additional tanks (2 under the fuselage and 2 under the wings).
Equipment Su-17 M 3
- Automatic control system SAU-22 M 1. - KN-23 navigation complex comprising; IKW-8 inertial system, DISS-7 navigation radar, SWS-P-72 aerodynamic data center, data input panel and W-144 counters.
- Close navigation system RSBN-6 S.
- Fon-1400 laser rangefinder. - RW-15 radio altimeter - ASP-17 B dual-purpose sight.
- SPO-15 ŁS warning station.
- WRe. Active disruption station SPS-141 MWG Gwozdika in the tray.
- KDS-23 dipole ejector and thermal flares.
Equipment Su-17 M 4
- Navigation system coupled with a sighting device in one navigation and aiming system PRNK-54 (pricelno-navigation systemnyj complex) with on-board computer Orbita-20-22. Before the flight, the coordinates of the destination and turning points on the route are entered into the computer. The system allows attack in "all weather conditions".
- Automatic control system SAU-22 M 1.
- RSDN-10 long-distance navigation system (radiotiechniczeskaja sistiema NA navnio), which had no predecessor.
- VHF radiotelephone R-862.
- Radiometer RW-4 or newer RW-21.
- ARK-15 M or newer ARK-22.
- Fon-1400 laser rangefinder.
- The weapon system includes the ASP-17 B or newer optical sight.
- Automatic system to bypass obstacles on the fly at low altitudes.
- Automatic control system SAU-23 B. The machine can be guided automatically or manually by the remote control.
- Inertial course and IKW vertical division.
- Doppler speed and drift angle meter DISS-7.
- Active and passive noise systems.
- A warning system for radiating and firing an anti-aircraft missile, allowing automatic execution of an anti-missile maneuver. - Your own-foreign identification system.
- Transparent display on the windshield.
- Devices; SRO-2, SPO-10, MRP-66.
Armament Su-22 M 4 K
The weight of the weapon is 4,000 kg. The aircraft has 10 points for weapons: 4 under the fuselage, 4 under the wings + 2 under the wings for the R-60, R-55 or R-13 class missiles. Permanent weaponry consists of two NR-30 machine guns, 30 mm caliber, construction by A. Nudelman and A. Richter, with a reserve of 160 missiles. Weight 66 kg, rate of fire 900 shots / min, projectile weight 410 g, and initial speed 780 m / s. The machine guns were placed in the wing caps.
Shooting tank SPPU-22-01 controlled by a computer, with a total mass of 290 kg. The front features a GSz-23 double-barrel gun mounted on a mobile carriage, so it can be tilted downward by an angle of 23 degrees. At the back there is a control system and 260 rounds. The entire hopper can be suspended with both forward and backward barrels. Data to the computer must be entered before the flight - speed and flight altitude.
Another used shooting tank is UPK-23-250 also with a GSz-23 cannon but still. Own weight 78 kg, and after loading 250 pieces of bullets is 217 kg. Length 3,166 m, diameter 340 mm.
Guided missiles of the p-p class;
R-60 - has a mass of 45 kg, length 2.10 m, caliber 0.12 m. It targets targets from 200 to 7,200 m.
Guided p-z rocket missiles;
- K.p.r. H-25 with modular design. It is a widely used missile of MiG-27, Su-17, Su-24 and Su-25 aircraft. It has a replaceable head; radar guidance - H-25 MR (i711 dissection), laser - H-25 ML (ireland 713) or radiolocation - H-25 MP (ireland 711). Depending on the version, it has a mass of 300 - 320 kg. The weight of the warhead is 90 kg. The missiles fly at a speed of 850 - 900 m / s. The length is 4.353 m, caliber 0.275 m.
- K.p.r. - H-29 L (and laser beam 64) laser-guided. It is the heaviest projectile carried by an airplane. Weight 657 kg, including 317 kg warhead. Range 8 - 10 km. dimensions; length 3.875 m, span 0.78 m, caliber 0.38 m. Used to combat heavily armored purposes.
- H-58 - against radar.
- K.p.r. older generation - H-23 and H-28.
Unguided missiles with caliber from 57 to 370 mm;
- S-5 caliber 57 mm, fired from the UB-32 reservoir.
- S-24. - S-8 caliber 80 mm, fired from container B-8 M 1 with 20 pieces. Missile mass 11.65 kg, warhead 3.6 kg, length 1.445 mm. In the anti-tank version S-8 KO pierces armor with a thickness of 420 mm.
- S-13 caliber 122 mm, fired from container B-13 with 5 pieces. The missile comes in two versions; anti-tank S-13 T, mass 67 kg, pierce armor with a thickness of 1000 m and S-13 OF, mass 68 kg, at the moment of explosion produces 1,800 pieces.
- S-25 over-calibrated 370 mm. Has several versions. In Poland, the used S-25 OF churning and breaking, mass 480 kg, warhead 190 kg, length 3.31 m, caliber 340 mm. It covers an area of 1 820 square meters.
- FAB-500 L - 500 kg mass, laser guided.
- FAB-500 M-62 - developed in 1962. length 2.43 m, caliber 400 mm, bends the area with an area of 1 500 square meters.
- ODAB-500 P fuel and air bomb.
- OFAB-250-270. - OFAB-100-120 - cluster bombs weighing 1-2.5 kg; AO-1 SCz, AO-2,5 RT (fragment), ZAB-2,5 (incendiary), PTAB-2,5 (armor-piercing). Placed in cassettes; RBK-250, RBK-500, KMGU (length 3.70 m, diameter 460 mm, weight 525 kg).
Polish bomb cassettes produced in "Dezamecie" in Nowa Dęba;
- ZK-300 Kisajno (cassette container), length 3.40 m, diameter 450 mm, weight 465 kg, including 252 kg 315 LBOk-1 ball bombs. The cassette consists of three sections. After the discharge flies freely up to a distance of 3 km. After the set time, he starts; the front section at a 30-degree angle to the left, the middle section to the left and right, the rear section at a 30-degree angle to the right. Bombs fly by packages of 3-4 pieces. After free flight, they fire from each other. LBOk-1 bomb with a diameter of 67 mm, weight 0.8 kg, including 0.16 load, and inside one-gram balls with a diameter of 6.35 mm. radius of destruction 40 m .
- ZR-8 (tubular container). It has 8 packages with ball bombs fired back. There are also ZR-2 and ZR-4.
Written by Karol Placha Hetman