41 School Aviation Base
41 School Aviation Base in Dęblin
Until 1994, the Higher Officers School of Air Forces operated in Dęblin, which gathered all components of the airport, school, supplies and security under one command. On December 6, 1994, the airport was separated from the structures (previously the 4th Security Regiment) as the 6th Air Base. The school was transformed into the 1st Aviation Training Center.
The 6th Air Base (JW. 3823) was subordinated to the Command of the Higher School of Officers of the Air Force. In 2000, the 6th Air Base received a banner. On December 17, 2000, the base was subordinated to the 4th wing of the School Aviation.
Commanders of the 6th Air Base: Col. Andrzej Szmania, PhD (December 1994 - December 1996), Colonel aisle dr Aleksander Garbacz (December 1996 - February 1998), Colonel. Ryszard Rybczyński (February 1998 - May 2002), Colonel. pil. Stanisław Wesołowski (May 2002 - January 2006). Col. MSc. Zbigniew Zaręba (January 2006 - November 2007), colonel aisle Bogumił Znojek, MA (November 2007 - November 8, 2010), p.o. major mgr inż. Grzegorz Skorek (November 8, 2010 - December 31, 2010).
On December 31, 2010, the 6th Air Base and the 1st Aviation Training Center were merged into the 41st School Aviation Base. It happened on the basis of an order of July 1, 2010. The 41st School Aviation Base is under the 4th School Aviation Wing.
The main task of the base is air training of Officers of the Eagle School, which is carried out on PZL TS-11 Iskra aircraft and SW-4 "Puszczyk" and PZL Mi-2 helicopters. From November 14, 2016 in Dęblin modern Leonardo (Aermacchi) M-346 Bielik advanced training aircraft are based, of which Poland operates 12 machines. In addition, the Air Force Representative Company and the aerobatic team Biało-Czerwone Iskry are stationed at the base. From September 24, 2011, the Base is named Maj. pil. Eugeniusz Horbaczewski.
In 2011, the Minister of National Defense approved the commemorative and reconnaissance badges. By Minister's decision No. 498 / MON of December 28, 2010, 41. The base used the banner after the disassembled 1st Air Training Center. On August 3, 2012, a new banner was awarded in Lublin, funded by the city of Lublin.
The 41st School Aviation Base has its holiday on August 14.
Commander of the 41st Air Force Base: Col. pil. Artur Kałko (from 9 May 2016).
The 41st School Aviation Base inherits traditions: 315th Dęblinski Aviation Squadron (1941-1946), 58th Airborne Combat and Combat Regiment (1958-1989), 58th Air Force Regiment (1989-2000), 1st Aviation Training Center (2001-2010) ), 4th Air and Technical Regiment (1958-1961), 2nd Battalion of Supply (1961-1969), 4th Regiment of Supply (1969-1994), 6th Air Base (1994-2010).
Written by Karol Placha Hetman