Military airport in Słomczyn.
Former military airport in Słomczyn near Grójec.
Słomczyn is a small village near Grójec. It is 6 km from Słomczyn to Grójec, and 50 km to Warsaw. A long time ago, there was a military airport in Słomczyn. Now Słomczyn is known from the largest stock exchange in Poland. It used to be a car market, and now (2021) it is the largest "flea market" ("Junk"). In addition, in Słomczyn there is a professional car racing track "Autodrom Słomczyn" and "Agricultural Exchange".
Słomczyn is a village located in the Masovian Voivodeship, in the Grójec poviat, in the Grójec commune. The village was founded in the 16th century as a noble village. In 2011, Słomczyn had a population of 255 people. Słomczyn is situated on the national road No. 50, and the Molnica River flows from the north. The area of the commune is lowland and typically agricultural.
Słomczyn field airfield. After the Second World War.
Until 1956, the airport in Słomczyn was not used. At the beginning of May 1956, the 8th Basic Pilotage Squadron from the Officers' Aviation School No. 5 was transferred from Sadków to Słomczyn airport. The squadron had 8 Junak-2 planes and 12 Junak-3 planes in stock. At that time, the squadron started the process of switching to Yak-11 planes. On February 5, 1958, the 8th Basic Pilotage Squadron was transferred from Grójec to the Przasnysz airfield.
The airport in Słomczyn was deserted again and soon lost its character.
Written by Karol Placha Hetman