History of the airport in Piła.
The aviation history of the City of Piła is very rich. This is confirmed by numerous aerial photos taken before the Great World War. Few people know that during the Great World War there were two airplanes in Piła, one airship base and a factory building airplanes. The training of new pilots was carried out by two schools located at both airports. After the Great World War, Piła was not incorporated into the reborn Republic of Poland, but remained within the German borders. Although it was only 6 km to the Polish border. It was a deliberate effort by the greats of this world, especially Great Britain, so that the reborn Poland would not be too strong a state. Piła was incorporated into Poland only in 1945.
Written by Karol Placha Hetman