016c Section June 06, 1945
It is not possible to make a list of Pe-2 aircraft in Polish Military Aviation. We can only write that on June 1, 1945, there were about 100 of them. At the beginning of 1946, there were 92 items in 1 Mixed Air Corps, 12 items in the Military School of Pilots, and 2 items in the Spare Air Regiment. At that time, more than half of the aircraft, being too exhausted, landed in the Temporary Storage and Maintenance of Airplane Equipment in Polska Wieś near Opole and was a spare parts warehouse.
Airplanes were operated in 7th SPLBN in Leźnica Wielka, then from April 1947, after ferrying 7th SPLBN at the Ławica Airport. There were still 42 Pe-2 machines. At the turn of the 40/50-year flights to 21st PLZ, Ławica airport and 30th PL MW, Słupsk airport began. In 1950, there were only 20 aircraft capable of flying. We estimate that about 15 machines have been broken and that at least four disasters have killed people. The main reason was engine failures. The only surviving copy can be seen at the Polish Army Museum in Warsaw.
Written by Karol Placha Hetman