The LWD Junak and LWD Zuch planes were developed by the Experimental Aviation Workshop in Łódź, and after their liquidation, the program was transferred to the PZL Okęcie Communication Equipment Factory in Warsaw. The first prototype was flown on February 22, 1948. The planes turned out to be successful and the Junak 2 and Junak 3 versions were produced in large numbers. 105 of the Junak 2 planes were built, and 146 of the Junak 3 planes. The planes were used for training in the Polish Army and the Polish Aero Club. The LWD Zuch and LWD Junak planes belong to the same family as the LWD Szpak, LWD Żak and PZL S-1 planes.
Written by Karol Placha Hetman