The airport in Legnica was founded in 1913 as an airport for airships. The German army used the airport to attack Poland on September 1, 1939. After the Second World War, the airport was taken over by the CCCP troops. Only in 1994, the airport was handed over to Poland. In 2016, the airport was closed.
Written by Karol Placha Hetman