History Junkers F-13 in Poland
The Junkers F-13 was one of the first planes used in Polish air transport. In 1921, the Aero-Targ company borrowed 6 Junkers F-13 planes from the Danziger Luftpost shipping company in Gdańsk (Gdańsk postal society) to create a passenger communication between Poznań, Warsaw and Gdańsk. It was about transporting passengers to the Poznań Fair. The Poznań-Łódź connection was not opened at that time.
The first permanent shipping company, called Aerolloyd, purchased a total of 25 Junkers F-13 aircraft between 1922 and 1925. In May 1925, the company underwent a restructuring and changed its name to Aerolot. At that time, 4 more Junkers F-13 planes were purchased from the Junkers plant in Sweden in Malmo-Linhamm.
The planes were used to transport passengers on domestic and foreign lines. With the help of Junkers F-13 planes, a permanent connection between Warsaw and Vienna was launched, which operated from September 5, 1922 to April 15, 1935. The transport of passengers at LOT Polish Airlines was completed in the spring of 1935. Then the Junkers F-13 planes were used only for business flights until the spring of 1936, and then they were sold to the manufacturer.
Written by Karol Placha Hetman