Breguet 14. 1916
Breguet 14 in Poland.
In the spring of 1919, Breguet 14 planes arrived in Poland as part of General Józef Haller's "Blue Army". There were 45 Breguet 14 aircraft (A2 version; 20 aircraft, B2 version; 18 aircraft, E2 training and training version; 6 aircraft). According to other data, there were 39 Breguet 14 aircraft (A2 version; 20 aircraft, B2 version; 18 aircraft, GR long-range reconnaissance version; 1 aircraft). These were complete squadrons No. 3, 9, 59, 66. In addition, Breguet 14 planes had a pilot school, which was established in France. In 1920, there were more purchases of Breguet 14 planes, including a large batch of 30 planes. Several Breguet 14 planes in the sanitary version were also purchased. Breguet 14 planes took part in the Polish-Ukrainian war, and then in the Polish-Bolshevik war. More than 70 Breguet 14 planes took part in the fighting. In total, the Polish Army used 158 Breguet 14 planes. Breguet 14 A2 planes were the most numerous. Polish soldiers jokingly called the Breguet 14 planes "Louis XIV".
In 1925, several Breguet 14 planes were converted to agricultural planes. They were the first planes of this type in Poland. Airplanes were used to dust forests against pests. In 1930, three Breguet 14 planes were converted into sanitary planes for transporting sick and injured.
Written by Karol Placha Hetman