Airplane-Monument in Witków. TS-8 Bies nb 0627. Igor Induła. 2022.
The PZL TS-8 Bies is a Polish training and training aircraft that was used in the Polish Army. On July 23, 1955, the TS-8 plane with the serial number P-1 made its first flight from the Okęcie airport. 242 units were produced. The TS-8 is a single-engine, two-seater, low wing, retractable undercarriage. The plane was developed at the Institute of Aviation in Warsaw. The plane was mass-produced at the PZL Mielec plant. The TS-8 Bies plane is a training plane designed for basic pilot training, for training and training in higher pilotage, with the use of combat training elements. In addition, it was used for training in navigation and groundless flights.
There are several TS-8 planes in Poland that are still used as flying exhibits by private individuals. There are also TS-8 planes exhibited in museums. There are also several TS-8 planes that are on display as planes - monuments. One of them is the TS-8 nb 0627 plane.
PZL TS-8 Bies nb 0627 no. BII 1E-0627. The plane was built in 1959 in PZL Mielec. In 1974, after the service, the plane was set in the town of 62-230 Witkowo at 14 Czerniejewska Street, on the premises of Primary School No. 2 with the name of Polish Aviation.
From May 18, 2022, a group of aviation enthusiasts renovated the PZL TS-8 Bies aircraft. The work was done by the gentlemen: st. Robert Zdrojewski, senior officer of the reserve Henryk Oleszczuk and Ryszard Jankowski. The work was completed on May 26, 2022.
From the left are the gentlemen: st. kpr Robert Zdrojewski, senior officer of the reserve Henryk Oleszczuk and Ryszard Jankowski.
All photos of Mr. Igor Induła.
Written by Karol Placha Hetman