AERO Ae-45, Ae-145. 1952. - History
095b Section 1952-03-15
AERO Ae-45, Ae-145
Commercial and sanitary aircraft.
The Aero Vodochody company, known as AERO, was founded in 1921. Aero Vodochody is located in Vodochody in the Praga East District. The first construction was the Aero A-10 airliner. Throughout the interwar period, Aero Vodochody developed and produced 22 different constructions.
After World War II, AERO developed a disposable aircraft, which received the designation Aero Ae-45. The aircraft was designed in 1947. The team of engineers included: Mirosław Baitler, Jirzi Bouzek, Ondrej Nemec and Frantisek Vlk. Two prototypes were built, designated No. 45.1 and 45.2. The first prototype was flown on 1947-07-21. The aircraft were tested and passed. During the tests, both planes flew over 20,000 km and flew the Alps several times. In England, the Aero Ae-45 aircraft won the Norton Griffits Race.
The Aero Ae-45 aircraft was put into serial production in early 1949. In the period from 1949 to 1951, 200 copies were built. The first planes were sold to Italy, Switzerland and Hungary. It was only later that the Aero Ae-45 aircraft was delivered to Czechoslovakian airlines.
In 1952, the production of Aero Ae-45 aircraft was transferred to the SPP Kunowice plant. In the new place, the production of an improved version began, which was designated Aero Ae-45 "Super Aero". This aircraft received extensive radio and navigation equipment, which increased the safety of flights. One of the aircraft made a crossing over the South Atlantic on the Natal-Dakar route. they were produced in two versions Ae-45 and Ae-45 S, and their production ended in 1958.
In 1958, a modernized aircraft was developed, which received the designation Aero Ae-145. Its production began in 1959. By 1961, about 150 aircraft were built, which were designated Aero Ae-145. The aircraft went mainly to CCCP, Africa and Asia. Even Australia bought planes. In serial production, the Aero Ae-145 aircraft were replaced by the L-200 Morava aircraft.
Aero Ae-45 in Poland. 1952.
At the beginning of 1952, LOT Polish Airlines ordered three Aero Ae-45 aircraft. The aircraft were delivered in March 1952. One of the Aero Ae-45 aircraft was adapted to calibrate terrestrial medium-wave radiogoniometers that were used in air navigation.
On 1952-04-01, LOT Polish Airlines with Aero Ae-45 airplanes launched operational flights. In 1953, one of the aircraft was seriously damaged and could not be repaired, therefore it was deleted. PLL LOT operated Ae-45 aircraft until 1956. At that time, Sanitary Aviation was revived in Poland. Both Ae-45 aircraft were operated in Sanitary Aviation until 1967. In 1957, eleven Aero Ae-45 "Super Aero" aircraft were purchased for Sanitary Aviation, which was used until 1978.
The collection of the Polish Aviation Museum in Czyżyny includes three Aero Ae-45 aircraft.
The first is the Aero Ae-45 SP-LXH aircraft, it was handed over in 1978. The aircraft has the number 172006, was built in 1959. The aircraft was used at the Institute of Civil Aircraft Control (IKCSP) and then at Przedsiębiorstwo Usług Lotniczych.
The second Aero Ae-45 SP-LXC aircraft is in the back in the form of destructive. The aircraft has the number 172011, was built in 1959. The aircraft was used in the Sanitary Aviation Team in Zielona Góra and after reaching the raid of 2,800 hours, it was handed over to the Museum collections in 1980.
The third Aero Ae-45 SP-TNA aircraft is in the back room in the form of destructive, no engines. He came to the museum in 1985.
Written by Karol Placha Hetman