9 Fighter Aviation Regiment in Debrzno and in Zegrze Pomorskie. 1952-2000
Debrzno / Zegrze Pomorskie 2009-06-25
9 Fighter Aviation Regiment
Reactivation of 9 PLM in Debrzno. 1968.
In early 1968, there was another reorganization of aviation. Operational Aviation was combined with the Aviation Inspectorate to create DWLot (air force command) based in Poznań. As a result, regiments were moved and new ones were appointed. It was also a period in the Polish Army when the numbering and naming of "time of peace" air units in connection with "time of war" air units were returned.
It was in 1968 that the 11th PLM left the Debrzno airport, which was re-established in Wrocław at the Strachowice airport, in place of the 3rd PLM. In turn, the 9th PLM was established at the airport in Debrzno.
In 1967, the 9th DLM LO changed its name to the 4th Pomeranian Fighter Aviation Division and functioned as such until 1991. It included: 41st PLM in Malbork and a newly created unit; 9th PLM in Debrzno, which took over the traditions of the 9th PLM from the Second World War. The 9th PLM was made up of the staff that remained after the 11th PLM. The molding process, which began in 1967, finally took shape in 1968. The regiment was equipped with Lim-2, Lim-5 planes and modern MiG-21 PF and MiG-21 PFM.
Written by Karol Placha Hetman